Shared tour: Only USD 75 - Magnificent Bromo and Ijen 2D/1N
Sharing a tour is a lot of fun for many reasons. To name a few: you will meet other travelers from all over the world, the price is 100% guaranteed, you gain a lot of time as this quality tour is arranged and organized by us, because you won't have to think about where to go, what to eat, and other thoughts that might cross your mind, you really are having a holiday.
Meet new friends
Day 01. Surabaya – Mt. Bromo – Pasir Putih beach - Bondowoso
Our crew will pick you at the meeting point, namely Juanda International Airport Surabaya. In about 3 to 4 hours you will be able to smell Mt. Bromo. You will be dropped at Mt. Pananjakan. This mountain is the highest in the surroundings and therefore shows you good views. As it is called at this height of 2,770 meters, you might welcome a hot cup of coffee or tea. When you are warmed up, walk a view meters to the perfect spot and wait for the sun to rise.
After the sun has risen you cross the sea of sand by Jeep. After it stops you can either walk or take a horse to the stairs to climb the last part of this world famous crater. Enjoy at the top, you are experiencing an active volcano.
When everybody is back at the car, you are ready to set of to Pasir Putih beach. You can have lunch, take a swim and enjoy the beach before heading to Palm Hotel in Bondowoso.
Day 02. Ijen crater lake – waterfall - Ketapang or Surabaya
Your alarm is ringing early morning, at about 02:30am. Or even earlier if you wish to see the phenomenal blue fire. After check out, you will drive in approximately 2 hours to Paltuding, where your hike to the lake will start. The 3,5km to the peak of Mt. Ijen you will have to conquer, as compared to Mt. Bromo it might be a personal quest.
You can meet the famous sulphur miners on your way up and down, share a cigarette and have a friendly talk. The green-blueish lake is the most acidic in the world. Take your time to observe it, walk around and take pictures if you feel like. Don't forget to visit the sulphur weighing area once back at the parking lot as it is nearby. At the parking lot you can find some small restaurants (warung) with some local snacks.
Then on your way to Ketapang or Surabaya, you will visit a splendid waterfall.
Palm Hotel is centrally located in Bondowoso city. The hotel is an old Dutch Colonial building. The foyer and public areas are open plan, welcoming and airy. The hotel has an inviting swimming pool.
Hotel Palm offers several types of rooms. Some rooms overlook a garden or the pool. The bigger and more expensive rooms, the Rose-rooms, have ac and a mini bar, and are completed with a dining corner and a living room. In these rooms you can make your own tea and coffee. The cheaper rooms have a fan and less facilities, but still a shower with hot water. The price includes breakfast. At the restaurant you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The restaurant is daily open from 6 am till 10 pm and provides a variety of European, Chinese, and Indonesian dishes. You can also find a roof top cafe.
|1||00.00 - 00.30||Pick up||Juanda International Airport, Surabaya|
|00.30 - 03.30||Drive to Cemara Lawang village||By minibus|
|03.30 - 04.00||Drive to Mt. Pananjakan||By Jeep|
|04.00 - 05.30||See the sunrise, enjoy the panorama|
|05.30 - 06.00||Cross the Sea of Sand||By Jeep|
|06.00 - 08.00||Climb Mt. Bromo|
|08.00 - 09.00||Drive back to Cemara Lawang village||By Jeep|
|09.00 - 12.30||Drive to Pasir Putih beach||By minibus|
|12.30 - 13.30||Lunch|
|13.30 - 15.30||Drive to Bondowoso|
|15.30 -||Check in at Palm Hotel||Free program|
|2||03.00 - 05.00||Drive to Paltuding||By minibus|
|05.00 - 06.30||Trekking to Ijen crater lake|
|06.30 - 07.30||Enjoy on the spot|
|07.30 - 08.30||Trekking back to Paltuding||Visit sulphur weighing area, enjoy local snacks|
|09.30 - 11.00||Drive to Ketapang harbour or Surabaya|
|Date||Status||Ready to depart?|
|23 July 2016||Available||Done|
|10 September 2016||Available||In progress - book your seat!
|1 October 2016||Available||Open|
|14 October 2016||Available||Open|
|15 October 2016||Available||Open|
|29 October 2016||Available||Open|
|11 November 2016||Available||Open|
|10 December 2016||Available||Open|
Price: USD 75/person
Requirements: minimal 5 and maximal 20 participants.
FYI: If not with 5 people, the price will be as follows:
If with 2 travelers: USD 120 per person
If with 3 travelers: USD 95 per person
If with 4 travelers: USD 85 per person
The price includes
1. ac private transport
2. English speaking guide
3. Hotel Palm Bondowoso
4. meals: 2x breakfast and 1x dinner
5. mineral water
The price doesn't include
1. travel insurance
3. horse riding at Mt. Bromo
4. entrance fee to the national park Bromo-Tengger-Semeru and Mt. Ijen
Note: the entrance fee isn't included, because Indonesians pay only IDR 37,500 or IDR 52,500 (weekends), while foreigners will have to pay IDR 217,500 or IDR 317,500 in weekends.
1. Blue fire tour. To see the blue fire is not included in the tour as the possibility to see it depends on local weather conditions and the activity of the volcano. If you wish to see the blue fire and it is possible, you need to pay an additional USD 16.
2. If you wish to end this tour in Surabaya you will have to pay an additional USD 25.
1. We confirm a booking after receiving a down payment of 50% from the client
2. A booking is only confirmed when IjenPlateau.com has send the client a written confirmation
3. The client must be no less than 18 years of age and agrees to provide full, complete and accurate information as requested by IjenPlateau.com to confirm such booking
4. Any client confirming a booking for any other participants will has to communicate all necessary information to the other participants and provides complete and accurate necessary data as requested by IjenPlateau.com. The client is responsible to get permission to share other participants information with IjenPlateau.com for the purposes of completing the booking.
5. The client and/or other participants registered by the client should be aged 18 years and above
6. Clients are responsible for assessing their own suitability and capability to participate in the tour. IjenPlateau.com encourages all clients to seek their doctor's advice regarding necessary or advisable vaccinations, medical precautions, or other medical concerns
7. IjenPlateau.com does not provide medical advice
8. Minimal 5 and maximum of 20 participants can get a confirmation for a shared tour to Mt. Bromo and Mt. Ijen
9. If less than 5 participants per shared tour to Mt. Bromo and Mt. Ijen are registered, the tour shall be cancelled
10. The client should pay a minimum of 50% of the costs for the tour per participant
11. The client will have to pay the remaining amount as calculated after the down payment when picked up at the meeting point
12. I a client cancels less than 60 days before departure of the shared tour, no refund shall be paid to the client
13. In case the shared tour can't be carried out due to a natural disaster, a refund of 100% of the made payment is applicable
Bank transfer to our account in Indonesia
We will send you the details with the written confirmation
Bank tranfser to our account in The Netherlands
A transfer to an account in The Netherlands is free for those having a bank account in the European Union. We will send you the details with the written confirmation
Transfer to our PayPal account
Our verified PayPal account is available for those who will have to pay a bank transfer fee